With World Cup , NBA finals, and NHL finals all in full affect, I think most Dads can find a sport to their liking. Holy sports fest!!! This is the kind of week my father would have loved. This blog and the recipes are dedicated to my Dad. As I sit here, I realize I can’t find the words that would do justice to who my father was, so I won’t. Just know he was amazing and my love of sports is because of his love of sports. For the fathers, I’ve pulled together some great shrimp dishes.
Shrimp Carbonara ….
Ohhhhhh my friends let’s just say easy and yummy..
– 5 pieces of bacon cut into small pieces
– 1 1/2 lb. pounds frozen cocktail shrimp (thawed with tails removed)
– 1 lb. spaghetti or linguine
– 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
– Dried Italian Seasoning and Red Pepper flake (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.
2. In a large skillet, on medium heat brown bacon. When crispy, remove with slotted spoon. Leave the bacon grease in skillet.
3. Add the shrimp to the grease with a two pats 🙂 of butter. Warm the shrimp. Remove with a slotted spoon.
4. In skillet, add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese. Start whisking until mixture thickens.
5. Once sauce has thickened add pasta, shrimp, and bacon. Using tongs mix until pasta is covered with sauce.
6. Garnish with Italian seasoning and red pepper flake to taste.
Shrimp Pasta Salad
1 lb pasta ( I use mini penne)
Coconut shrimp On A Fried Won Ton (my deconstructed egg roll)
Shrimp and Wontons
– A package of wonton wrappers
– canola oil
– 2 lbs peeled and deveined shrimp tail removed
– 3 cups flour
– 3 cups panko breadcrumbs
– 3/4 cup coconut (I use sweetened)
– 4 whisked eggs
– 1 cup orange marmalade
– 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
– red pepper flakes
1. In a small sauce pan, mix orange marmalade, red wine vinegar, and red pepper flakes to your liking. Bring to a boil and then simmer over a low heat.
2. In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat (350 degrees). Fry wontons until golden brown. They fry very quickly. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and season with salt immediately.
3. After frying wontons, set up dredging station. In a large ziplock bag add the flour, in a shallow dish whisk eggs, and in another ziplock bag mix panko and coconut. Dredge shrimp, flour, egg, and then the panko/coconut mixture.
4. Allow the shrimp to rest for a minute or two on a baking sheet and then fry. Fry in the same oil, until golden brown. About 3 to 4 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Season with salt.
5. We dipped our shrimp and the wontons in the duck sauce.
Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta
Here are my two versions of Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta…a scampi style and one with a cream sauce..the picture would be scampi style..
Old Bay Shrimp and Pasta…Scampi Style
– 1/3 cup olive oil
-2 tbsp butter
– 4 cloves of garlic;minced
– 1 tsp of red pepper flake
– 1 packet Sazon Goya…Sin Achiote (without Annatto) this is my twist 🙂
– 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
– 2 tsp Old Bay seasoning for shrimp
– 2 tbsp Old Bay seasoning for Pasta water
– 2 tsp dried parsley flake (if you have fresh parsley please use instead)
– 1 lbs. pasta; my preference is thin spaghetti
1. In a large skillet heat oil and butte over medium heart..add garlic and red pepper flake (don’t brown)
2. Add shrimp, Old Bay Seasoning, and Sazon…saute for 3 to 4 minutes until the shrimp is pink…remove from heat…
3. Cook pasta according to instructions but season the water with olive oil and Old Bay seasoning…
4. Top pasta with shrimp mixture…if you used fresh parsley…add that when topping pasta with shrimp..
Now for the Cream Sauce……
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 2 tbsp butter
– 4 cloves garlic minced
– tsp red pepper flake ( I use more but do to your taste)
– I/4 cup chicken stock
-2 cups heavy cream
– 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (mild)
– 2 tsp old bay sesoning
– 1 packet Sazon
– 1 lb of fresh medium sized shrimp; peeled and deviened
– a handful of fresh chopped parsley ( fresh is best with this recipe) but use 2 tsp of dry if that is what you have on hand
1. Heat olive oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat and add the garlic and red pepper ( do not brown)
2. Add chicken stock to mixture, deglaze slightly then add heavy cream, old bay, sazon, and cheese. Whisk until cheese has melted into cream…
3. Add shrimp and cook 3 to 4 minutes until pink add parsley the last minute…
4. Prepare lbs. pasta the same as the scampi recipe (adding old bay to the pasta water)..
Mini Cheddar Biscuits and Roasted Shrimp
Great Party Finger Foods
Super, Super, Super Easy……
Ingredients for Cheddar Biscuits
Party Tip For The Day!!!!!
My tailgate tip/Party Tip for the day is this cool drink dispenser……My friend Leslie got this for me for my birthday. Now I haven’t use it
just yet, but I will be whipping up some great Sangria for my people.
Who Do You Want In Your Kitchen On Game Day…….