– 8″ Italian Rolls
– Marinara sauce
– Shredded Mozzarella cheese
– Pepperoni Slices
– Spicy Italian Sausage (pre-cooked and slice)
– Meatballs (slice)
(I make my own meatballs or you can get store bought)
– Italian Seasoning
– Olive Oil
– Fresh Basil Chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Split rolls in half, using a pastry brush, brush with olive oil and sprinkle on some Italian seasoning. Place on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and start building pizzas. Start with a layer of Marinara Sauce and then a ton of shredded Mozzarella. Because these are individual, people can get wild and crazy with their toppings.
4. Once all toppings are on, I usually sprinkle on some more Mozzarella. Place back in the oven and bake another 4-5 minutes. Watch the cheese. You can also place under the broiler to get the cheese really gooey.
5. Remove from oven and garnish with your chopped basil. The aroma of fresh basil is to die for….
French bread pizzas are great for a big party. Everyone can decide exactly what they want on their pizzas.. For my day of pizza making the girls and I stuck with meat and cheese, here are some other great toppings
-Roasted zucchini, eggplant, or squash
-Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
-Sautéed green, yellow, orange, and yellow peppers
– Use Pesto instead of Marinara
– Ham and Pineapple
– Shredded Chicken maybe Buffalo or BBQ
Just a few suggestions outside of my choices for the day.
Be bold and daring I say