2- 2lbs. cans of kidney beans (ONLY one drained)
3 links of Chorizo sausage
3 links of Andouille sausage
1 whole yellow onion diced finely
1 green pepper diced finely
3 stalks of celery diced finely
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. Cajun seasoning
2 tsp. oregano
2 bay leaves
1/2 cup water
2 cups of rice
4 cups of chicken broth
1 tbsp. butter
salt and pepper
1. In a large pot with a little olive oil, brown Chorizo and Andouille Sausage over medium heat. Remove and set aside.
2. Add a 1 tbsp. of butter to the pot, sauté the onion, pepper, and celery until tender.
3. Add both cans of beans to the pot (one will still have the liquid), water, garlic salt, Cajun seasoning, and oregano. Bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium low temperature. Add bay leaves and sausage to pot. Cover and cook for 45 minutes.
5. To prepare rice, add rice, chicken broth, butter, and some salt and pepper to a medium sized pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for 20-25 minutes.