This weekend is one of the premiere events in the world of track and field. Penn Relays. A few years ago I went to Philly to hang out with my friends and enjoy a beautiful day. Life is a bit to busy this year to head down, so this is a flashback.
2012 I met up with Leslie and Shelly in Philly. By train, plane, and automobile. Actually just train and automobile.
Penn Relays are held of course at the University of Penn in Philadelphia. Not to be confused with Penn State. Some people don’t know!
Statue of the founder…Ben Franklin
See the rain or shine…..track and field is not for the weak. Running in rain or snow is no joke.
The architecture at Penn is amazing……
The infield where all the big wigs hang out!!
There is nothing more exciting than a close relay….
Moving one’s body in a way I can’t understand
When I travel, I always bring home a gift for the girls. This was their gift from the 2012 Penn Relays
Now do you think we know where this very expensive baton is located today?? Ummmm no 🙂
It was a great day!!!! We had burgers that day, but today’s recipe is a delicious chicken grilled cheese!!!
Spicy Grilled Chicken Grilled Cheese….
– 2 boneless chicken breasts
– 8 oz softened cream cheese
– 1 chipotle pepper with adobo sauce
– 1/2 stick softened butter
– hot sauce
– shredded muenster cheese
– 1 loaf Italian bread sliced
1. Butterfly chicken breasts and cut into equal pieces. Each breast should yield 6 pieces.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken. Approximately, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
3. While cooking chicken, in a food processor blend cream cheese and chipotle peppers with adobo sauce. Take softened butter and add hot sauce. Add few dashes.
4. When chicken is cooked, let rest for a few minutes and then slice.
5. Sandwich assembly, spread cream cheese mixture on two slices of bread. Top the cream cheese with shredded muenster cheese. Add chicken to one piece of bread. Put pieces together, with a butter knife spread hot sauce butter on bread.
6. On griddle or large skillet, grill sandwiches until golden brown and cheese is nice a gooey!!
I love this sandwich!!!
Today’s show airing on CBS is with my buddy and great guest Wally Williams. Check the great time we had 🙂
Remember….Who Do You Want In Your Kitchen On Game Day!!!!