1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
salt and pepper
Cream Cheese Mayo
2 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
red pepper flake
oil for frying
1. In small bowl, mix softened cream cheese, mayonnaise, a dash of onion powder, a dash of red pepper flakes, and a few dashes of hot sauce. Refrigerate.
2. In another small bowl, mix 1/2 cup of mayonnaise and several dashes of sriracha sauce. This one is based oh your taste. Mix and refrigerate.
3. Prepare jalapenos, remove jalapenos from liquid and dry off with a paper towel. Divide in half
4. In small skillet, sautee 1/2 of your jalapenos until tender. Set aside.
5. For fried jalapenos, in a small bowl mix 3/4 cup of buttermilk with several dashes of hot sauce. In a medium size bowl, mix 1 cup of flour with 1 tbsp. of Cajun seasoning.
6. Dredge jalapenos, put into the buttermilk mixture then the flour mixture. Shake off excess flour and let rest on plate until you prepare to fry. Fry jalapenos in a medium sized skillet with the oil at 350 degrees. Fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towel and season lightly with salt. Set aside.
7. Make 6 1/4 lb. burgers with ground beef, season with salt and pepper. Add butter to a grill skillet of over medium temperature, toast ciabatta rolls. Set aside. Add burgers to grill skillet and cook to your desired “doneness”. We like ours medium. Top with cheese. Or not. Paige is a not.
8. Build the burger. On the bottom of the roll spread cream cheese mayo, add some sautéed jalapenos. Add the burger. Top with fried jalapenos and spread srirach mayo on the top part of the bun.
****** Additional options….Paige and Brooke sautéed mushrooms and sautéed onions for their burgers. They were not down with the jalapenos.