1 lbs. London Broil cut into 1 inch cubes
1 lbs. clean and deveined shrimp
Italian Salad Dressing
3 cups of cooked orzo (cook according to package)
2 cups of baby arugula
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp. honey
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2. cracked black pepper
1. Prepare vinaigrette by adding all ingredients to a mason jar. Shake until all ingredients are completely combine. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
2. Marinate beef over night in favorite Italian dressing. I use a dressing called Garlic Expressions.
3. Soak wooden skewers for a few hours in advance of cooking. Remove beef from marinate and thread skewers. Thread the shrimp skewers separately as they will have different cooking times.
4. In cast iron skillet, add 2-3 tbsp. of butter. Set to a medium heat. Grill beef skewers for about 3-4 minutes total. You don’t want to over cook. Season beef with salt and pepper when complete. Grill shrimp skewers until pink.
5. On a large platter, toss orzo, arugula, cherry tomatoes and top with vinaigrette dressing. Top with beef and shrimp skewers and serve family style.