Our last few years, we Penn Staters have had it rough. As a community and a family, we have endured tremendous criticism and disdain. Many have treated alumni as outcasts and saw us as coconspirators regarding unthinkable acts. People said we wouldn’t rise from the ashes of humiliation and public scrutiny. Linebacker U was tossed aside like a ragdoll; with little to no expectations outside of Happy Valley. After the dust settled, no that’s not true, while the dust was swirling; Penn State Football was viewed as a well that ran dry. No precipitation of top recruits showering us from a cumulonimbus cloud or quality unknown talent slippng through the aquifer. Supposedly. But look at us now…..and I won’t curse. Our “well” runneth over. Why are we are back on top? I doubt it’s due to a global warming trend in Happy Valley. No… we are back because of the faith that we have had as a family and an institution. We are back on top, because we have had two men and many staff members come join our family (some have always been family) to help heal, reform, nurture, and repair a program. We are back on top because….WE ARE!!!! I mean it is our slogan. Everyone is back on the PSU bandwagon my friends. Ironically… So, I glean to Drake’s lyrics from his song “Started From The Bottom; even though he’s Canadian and I’m not sure what he knows about us nor do I care. However, the last few years to me, have felt like we were at the bottom. Like we hit rock bottom…but guess what??? NOW WE’RE HERE!!! Best of luck to Coach Franklin and his staff this weekend and of course our amazing team. Remember “The Whole Team’s Here” All 700,000 degrees that have been earned at our AMAZING school we call home. WE ARE!!!!
French Bread Pizza below. A throwback from when we were at the bottom. Me included.
Enjoy my friends…
French Bread Pizza….Meat Lovers and More
– 8″ Italian Rolls
– Marinara sauce
– Shredded Mozzarella cheese
– Pepperoni Slices
– Spicy Italian Sausage (pre-cooked and slice)
– Meatballs (slice)
(I make my own meatballs or you can get store bought)
– Italian Seasoning
– Olive Oil
– Fresh Basil Chopped
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Split rolls in half, using a pastry brush, brush with olive oil and sprinkle on some Italian seasoning. Place on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from oven and start building pizzas. Start with a layer of Marinara Sauce and then a ton of shredded Mozzarella. Because these are individual, people can get wild and crazy with their toppings.
4. Once all toppings are on, I usually sprinkle on some more Mozzarella. Place back in the oven and bake another 4-5 minutes. Watch the cheese. You can also place under the broiler to get the cheese really gooey.
5. Remove from oven and garnish with your chopped basil. The aroma of fresh basil is to die for….
French bread pizzas are great for a big party. Everyone can decide exactly what they want on their pizzas.. For my day of pizza making the girls and I stuck with meat and cheese, here are some other great toppings
-Roasted zucchini, eggplant, or squash
-Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
-Sautéed green, yellow, orange, and yellow peppers
– Use Pesto instead of Marinara
– Ham and Pineapple
– Shredded Chicken maybe Buffalo or BBQ
Just a few suggestions outside of my choices for the day.
Be bold and daring I say